I am still learning. Michelangelo

You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. C.S. Lewis

Friday, November 16, 2018

New Cousin....15 Nov 2018

Several weeks ago I received a call from a young woman saying she found me through Ancestry.com....and we were cousins. She is descended through Thomas McCleskey, a brother of my great grandfather David Sanford McCleskey. We both go back to Thaddeus Henderson McCleskey. She was born and raised in Houston but her Mother was born and raised in Arkansas where Thomas migrated after the Civil War.

Meet Kate Zavala, my new McCleskey cousin. (I gave she and son, Alex 2 of the Halloween boxes you see on the shelf behind me.) She and her family live west of us, maybe 5 miles. She owns a Pet Sitting franchise and is very busy. We hope to spend time together visiting and working on her genealogy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment