I am still learning. Michelangelo

You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. C.S. Lewis

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Life Changing Experiences

3 Mar 2020. On my computer desk you will find, of course, computer, then a composition book and a container of mechanical pencils and ballpoint pens. The pencils and pens form a small collection, some of my favorite things. When you research in a state archive and our National Archive you Must use pencil. So that is when I started my collection. The composition book is at the ready to jot down data while working on genealogical interest or any other data I do not want to forget. Recently, I came to the end of the book, thought I'd go through it before filing it away or throwing it away.
   Not only am I a genealogist but also publish my findings in Albums using both scrapbooking materials and some digital pages; and of course, lots of  photographs, facts and descriptions. I use Quotes and List to enhance my subject(s). The following is an exercise found in one of my scrapbooking magazines: The list is in my composition book.
Life Changing Events:
 1. WW II
 2. move to 2060 Dodson Dr
 3. Daddy going to rehab
 4. HS graduation 1957
 5. joining US Army college program
 6. Graduating University of Georgia, 1961
 7.1961-62 US Army Dietetic Internship
 8. Marry John A Webb, M.D. 1962; John Jr and David.
 9. Chris 1964
10. Scott 1967
11. Maggie 1967
12. The Dante Family
13. Wichita Falls 1978 and Friends: Pete & Ann & Willie Mae Estes; Boyd &             Joan Kelley; Jay and Susan Rogers.
14. September 11, 2001
15. Gainesvilles 31 Dec 2008
16. Houston 25 Sept 2017
       Over an eighty year span. These 16 points generates millions of memories. One other point could be Travel. Most of that was done with the three couples listed in 13. But our Travels (foreign and USA) surly added to our Life Changing Events.
           

No comments:

Post a Comment