I am still learning. Michelangelo

You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. C.S. Lewis

Friday, March 20, 2020

Studying....DNA

Some way I moved this post from 1 May 2019 til 20 Mar 2020. AND I can not figure way to correct.

1 May 2019   Another four weeks speeding by. It was a beautiful month, lots of Chamber of Commerce Days.
    The month, for me, was mostly filled with Ancestry.com research and learning about DNA as it applies to family research. Ancestry.com introduced two new features to help in research in early March. It is in Beta release now and the software has several glitches. When Ancestry.com acts up, I go to YouTube and review videos explaining DNA. I have not yet accepted Ambrose Holt as my g-g-grandfather but the evidence is building that he is my g-g-g-grandfather. I am getting many DNA matches saying I am kin to cousins who have Ambrose in their tree. Also, Ancestry.com has added a new child to Elisha. I wrote one of the descendants and we are trying to prove or disprove the connection. Lack of marriage records and other documents are slowing us down.
    This brings up My Matches: I have a total of 158,353 matches!! This covers ancestors: Holt, Jackson, Jackson (have not found connection), Stalnaker, McCleskey, McLain, White, Jarrett, Shaw, Dodd, Kite/Kight and many more. Of these matches, 7,567 are considered Close and 150,786 are considered Distant.

No comments:

Post a Comment