I am still learning. Michelangelo

You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. C.S. Lewis

Saturday, January 10, 2015

  January 10, 2015  
 I very much want to be a more consistent blogger, if only for myself.  I am working on a huge project, building from chipboard, Kraft-Tex, cardstock and designer paper a 12 X 12 scrapbook album. The album was designed by Kathy Orta, Retrospection 365, it will hold hundreds of photos.  For me, it a satisfaction just to construct the album, but adding information about Jacob King and his family will take the project to a higher level.  He was born and raised in North Carolina, served his state in the Confederate States of America, then migrated to Arkansas.  I have gathered, scanned and printed a number of photographs, now organizing the data lies ahead.
       Also running through my mind today is Nancy Wolf, one of  my husband's great-great grandmothers.  She bore twenty-one children, dying after the 21st child at age forty-three. I honor her and all women who came before birth control. It is hard to imagine the number or loveless marriages for women. Thank you to the thousands of women who fought the battles for us.  I will spotlight Harriet Fisher King and her daughter, Dorothy Viola Vivian King Webb in my scrapbook, they in their own right are remarkable.
      So here is the beginning of the album, lets see how long it takes me to finish.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment