I am still learning. Michelangelo

You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. C.S. Lewis

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Calming my soul.

I may have mentioned that I am no artist, cannot even draw a decent stike figure.  However, creating heritage albums and journaling are very important to me.  I also like to look through magazines and on-line at the terrifically talented ladies that create beautiful layouts and mini-albums.  So, I am always looking for a balance between pretty pages and basic pages.  The more I work at pretty pages, the more stress I have. 

When I need a bit of reality I hunt up my book Life Artist by Ali Edwards.  The first quote of hers that I embraced, "embrace imperfection."   I am a very imperfect creator, this saying helped a lot.  This week my new mantra, "do not not make it harder than it really is."   I have made a truce with myself; use the material I have on hand, forget about all the wonderfully beautiful new stuff and mover forward. 

If any one reads my blog, I want to encourage you, what ever your talent, to not forget the story, the journaling, the heart of the layout.  Tell your stories so your descendants can look at your albums and know who they are, where they came from and what makes them ticks.  You cannot do that with photos alone.  Now, I will get back to scrapping.  I am working on my school photos, dating back sixty-five years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment